Recently Father's Day passed and it was a bitter sweet day for me personally. I have my father, alive and well thank God but my children don't see theirs very often as it is and so Father'sDay came and went for them without much thought. It broke my heart but what can I do? I never wanted my kids to skip a holiday of any kind b/c of bad memories, I don't have to, it's my job to make sure they don't either.....so, why do I get the feeling that I'm failing miserably?? I know that his actions are none of my concern or responsibility but I feel like I have a solid obligation to make my kids happy in every aspect as long as they need me, or not lol!
With all of that having been said I was very surprised when my sister (whom my son adores and spent all night Saturday and all of Sunday with) text me Monday morning with an upset message about how distanced she feels from us here. I couldn't believe she had even thought it b/c I feel like I owe that girl so much I don't even know where to begin repaying her. I text her that I love her very much and I apologized for making her feel that way on my part. I try to see her as often as I can but she's a soccer mom and I'm a single mom so our schedules don't exactly mesh very often. I was crying b/c I sincerely felt bad, I couldn't believe how poor of a sister I was being w her in particular (I have 4 sisters). I think we're sort of ok but then I spoke to my mom to whom she sent an even more upset message, I felt like she played me and thinking it through I think she has a grudge against something that happened maybe with my sisters or parents, maybe even me that she hasn't let go of yet or worked out but she needs to figure it out and soon b/c we r sisters and we need to act like it, we need to be there for each other and love and support each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment